Wednesday, July 18, 2012

0014 oh, how i love you sylvia plath.

"I am still so naïve; I know pretty much what I like and dislike; but please, don't ask me who I am."

"Why is it that I find it so difficult to accept the present moment, whole as an apple, without cutting and hacking at it to find a purpose?"

"What horrifies me most is the idea of being useless: well-educated, brilliantly promising, and fading out into an indifferent middle-age."

"Why can't I try on different lives, like dresses, to see which fits best and is most becoming?"


"I am a wound walking out of hospital. I am a wound that they are letting go."

"I write only because there is a voice within me that will not be still."

"Out of the ash I rise with my red hair. And I eat men like air."

"I must bridge the gap between adolescent glitter & mature glow."


One of my favorite writers of all time, and a woman whose anxious soul I can understand. 
If you've never read The Bell Jar, please do so now.

0 chitchats.: