Saturday, May 12, 2012

005 a stitch of whimsy.






I attended Art Rock today, which is a kind of local annual indie craft fair for artists to showcase and sell their pieces.


I came here with one specific mission: to acquire a piece of pretty from Stitch of Whimsy.

Stitch of Whimsy is known for their adorable plush animals, namely their faux animal mounted head pieces. They even made mounted Dalmation Mice, as in The Royal Tenenbaums. 

Mama like, to put it mildly.


By being not only the God(dess) of Mischief but also the God(dess) of Perpetual Lateness, I almost (read: always) get to these art fairs towards the far end of the opening hours. But not this time.


I've come to the conclusion that I love her stuff because I am not a real adult yet. Come to think of it, I may never be. I may just let my inner child out forever and allow her to guide me in the purchase and consumption of copious amounts of sugar, sprinkling everything with glitter, and buying things that make me audibly do that annoying "aaaAAWWW!" sound.














Anyway, I was supremely proud of myself, because I walked away with this deerly (PUN! PUUUUN!) adorable fawn who is now comfortably hanging on my wall.







I NEED A UNICORN NEXT.


Stitch of Whimsy Facebook